The first time I had profiteroles was in France, and since then, I’ve been hooked! I always thought they would be hard to make but they are not and you can fill them with ice cream or whipped cream. You can drizzle melted chocolate, honey or any sauce you would like.
They look sophisticated but they are very easy to make and a dessert everyone will love!
Here are the ingredients and steps to follow!
1 cup water
6 tablespoons butter
pinch of salt
1 teaspoon sugar
1 cup flour
1/2 cup chocolate chips to melt (a splash of whipping cream)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Put the water, butter, salt, and sugar in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Take the saucepan off of the heat. Add the flour. Beat until everything comes together. Put back on the heat and beat vigorously until everything is off the sides of the pan.
- Put the mixture into a large bowl. Beat while adding eggs one at a time until all is mixed.
- In a greased baking sheet drop mixture using to teaspoons. You can brush them with egg wash if you are so inclined so they are shiny when they are baked.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. They will be golden brown and puffed.Slice the puffs in half and fill with whipped cream or ice cream.
- Drizzle with chocolate, honey or any sauce you would like. Enjoy!