A week ago, I found this recipe online and I thought I would try it right away since I’m a chocolate lover. I bought the small containers yesterday morning and I made the cakes in the afternoon. They were delicious! But I did a few things differently from the martha stewart recipe. Instead of using the microwave, I melted the chocolate and butter mixture in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water. And I used five tablespoons of butter instead of six. I would definitely recommend this recipe, just make sure you save room for dessert!
Here are the ingredients and steps to follow!
1/3 cup sugar
5 tbsp butter
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup flour
2 egg yolks
6 ounces bittersweet chocolate to melt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter three or four small oven containers, then coat lightly with sugar.
- Melt chocolate and butter mixture in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water
- In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, eggs, yolks, flour, and salt; add chocolate mixture and whisk to combine.
- Fill each container three-quarters full with mixture; place on a baking sheet and refrigerate 15 minutes.
- Bake for about 27 to 30 minutes. I served them warm with ice cream, but you can eat them warm or cold. Enjoy!