After making a ricotta tart cheesecake, I had some ricotta leftover and I wanted to make some muffins. I found this recipe online but I changed a few things and added some ingredients. I put less butter, added lemon juice, and made a lemon glaze. We had some for breakfast this morning and they were pretty good.
Here are the ingredients and steps to follow!
1 1/2 cup ricotta
2 tsp lemon juice
grind of 2 lemons
4 tbsp butter
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup milk
2 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line 12 muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, mix together ricotta, milk, melted butter, eggs and lemon juice and zest.
- Add flour, salt, baking powder and mix well.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin-pan cups. Sprinkle some sugar, lemon glaze or almonds.
- Bake 20 to 22 minutes, until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center of muffin comes out clean.