It’s been a while since the last food post, but I’m back and I decided to try this recipe. As always, I did a few things differently. Substituted the shortening for butter and I didn’t make the glaze because I thought it would be great with just some ice cream. The recipe is super easy and moist. Maybe next time I’ll cut the apples into small cubes so it will be less moist.
Here are the ingredients and steps to follow!
1 cup shredded apple
1/4 cup sugar
2 tbsp unsalted butter
1/8 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1 egg white
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup flour
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Grease two ramekins.
- In a large bowl, beat softened butter and sugar until mixed.
- Beat in egg white and add flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon until combined.
- Fold in apple and walnuts and spoon batter into prepared containers. Sprinkle some sugar or maybe a lemon glaze.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.