I’ve been making ricotta cheesecake tarts for a while now and I love them because they don’t have a lot of sugar or butter and they are just delicious. But this time I decided to use the same recipe and make it in a muffin pan instead of using a tart pan and it turned out great. You will need 2 muffin pans or 1 tart pan.
Here are the ingredients and steps to follow!
1 1/4 cup flour
3 tbsp sugar
6 tbsp unsalted butter
pinch of salt
1 egg yolk
2 tbsp heavy cream to incorporate dough
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 eggs plus 1 egg yolk
2 1/2 tbsp sugar
lemon grind of 3 lemons or lime
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a bowl combine sugar, flour, egg yolk, salt and butter until it resembles pea-size butter lumps. Add heavy cream to form a large ball.
- Break dough into 12 pieces and press each piece on muffin pan. Cover with saran wrap and place it in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- To make the filling put ricotta, sugar, eggs, lemond grind and heavy cream in a large bowl and mix well until all is combined and there are no lumps.
- Pour ricotta mixture into cooled dough and bake for 30 mins or until golden brown.
- Let cool down and enjoy!.