I never thought I would be making anything with bananas, especially after I said in a previous post how much I dislike bananas. But I decided to make an exception after buying so many bananas for someone who didn’t eat them. I found this recipe, made a few minor changes, and I never thought I would say this but I thought they were delicious, moist, and light. This recipe makes 8 large muffins.
Here are the ingredients and steps to follow!
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
5 tbsp unsalted butter
Pinch of salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup chopped almonds or walnuts
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Grease muffins pans or use paper liners.
- In a bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- In another large bowl, mash bananas with a fork, and combine bananas, sugar, vanilla and butter.
- Fold in flour mixture, and mix until smooth. Add nuts and scoop into muffin pan. I sprinkled some with chopped almonds.
- Bake for 6 minutes and lower the temperature to 350 degrees F for another 15 minutes until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.