Last week I had a dental surgery and it requires me to be on a soft food diet, so today I looked for something to bake that would be dough less and tasty at the same time. I found this recipe and I tried it with lemon zest instead of orange and with less sugar. If you are a ricotta fan, you will love this recipe. It turned out delicious and it’s a great treat after having smoothies and soups everyday.
Here are the ingredients and steps to follow!
1/4 cup flour
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 tsp of salt
32 oz part skim ricotta (drained)
zest of 3 lemons and 1 lime
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease and flour 9 or 10 inch pan.
- Sift the flour, sugar, and salt in a small container.
- Combine the ricotta and lemon zest in a big bowl. Add the dry ingredients.
- Mix eggs, one at a time, with a whisk.
- Add vanilla extract and pour the mixture in the pan.
- Place the pan in a cookie sheet and bake for 55 mins.
- Cool and store in the fridge for at least 3 hours.
- Serve with some raspberry or lemon ice cream or by itself. Enjoy!